How CWEEL Can Help Fund Your Education
Since 1983 the Foundation of the Association of Energy Engineers with its Scholarship Program had encouraged qualified scholars in energy management, energy engineering, and sustainability to further education in these fields. At FAEE we are proud to support energy and sustainability engineers who are eager to make a positive and meaningful difference in the world by investing in their educational future.
The AEE Foundation (FAEE) is a 501©(3) non-profit organization that has awarded more than $950,000 in scholarships to date.
The Council on Women in Energy & Environmental Leadership, a division of AEE, offers industry leaders opportunities to build awareness and increase support for growing the minority presence in the energy efficiency and sustainability industry. Show your support for CWEEL’s work to empower and promote women’s success by donating to CWEEL's scholarship fund.
How to Apply
Step 1: Read AEE Foundation Constitution and Bylaws and AEE Foundation Scholarship Procedure.
Step 2: Locate us
Find your local AEE Chapter and submit your completed application form with supporting documents to them for nomination.
Step 3: Application Checklist: NOTE: All documentation sent to the AEE local chapter must be in PDF form. (No exceptions!)
- Submit your FAEE Student Application Online!
- Current Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts are OK as long as they indicate dates, name of the school, and complete student identification)
- Essay: 300-word essay indicating why you want to pursue a career in the energy industry, your real financial need, and what your professional/personal goals are.
- Personal Recommendation Letter: This could come from a school faculty member, corporate, or non-profit entities. No more than 2 letters of recommendation per applicant.
- Additional Documentation: You can provide additional information on any awards you've received, volunteer records, or other relevant experience you want us to consider with your application (no more than 2 pages).
Step 4: Students can send applications to the local AEE chapters until May 1st (deadline will be May 1st at 12PM (EST), no exceptions)
Step 5: The AEE Foundation will notify applicants and Chapter Scholarship Chairs of results by U.S. mail and publish the list of recipients on August 1st.
When can I apply?
Submissions are accepted from January 1 to May 1 annually.
Contact Elin Shepard for the Scholarship & Awards Committee